Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Hi there, @Avitrol.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Community. I'm here to help you send emails successfully.

There are lots of possible reasons why this happens:

• The email preference being set incorrectly.
  • A damaged QuickBooks installation.
  • Domain admin was blocked.
  • Account security settings from your email provider.

Since you've done all the troubleshooting steps, I'll just be sharing some of it to help you fix this.

First, you'll need to make sure your QuickBooks Desktop software is updated to its latest release. QuickBooks periodically provides maintenance release and product (software) updates to fix emailing concerns, add features and enhancements, and update compliance information.

Second, please check the settings in the web mail  preferences:

1. At the top menu bar, click Edit.
  2. Choose Preferences.
  3. Click Send Forms on the left panel.
  4. Under My Preferences tab, select the email account you're using.
  5. Click Edit.
  6. Mark the SSL box, or just select Default.
  7. In the Server Name field, make sure the server name matches your email provider's settings. 

If you see smtp.mail.yahoo.com for example, change the name intuit.smtp.mail.yahoo.com and click OK.

If you're getting an incorrect password error message, please follow the detailed steps in this article to resolve this: QuickBooks Will Not Accept my WebMail Password.

To isolate the issue, you can also send emails using a sample company file to check if it's doing the same thing.

1. Go to the File menu.
  2. Click Close Company.
  3. In the No Company Open window, click the Open a Sample File button, and choose the sample company file you want to use.

After, you can set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop and try to send an email again.

However, if you've gone through all the steps mentioned above, I'd recommend contacting our QuickBooks Support to check and investigate this further for you. Our support team has the necessary tools to check your company file via a secured remote access.

For the support's contact information:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Feel free to add a comment below if you have any other concerns about sending emails, I'm always here to help. Wishing you the best!