ClayJ
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Hello, @rtbcs, @lynda, @Karen8.

Thank you all for taking the time to come to the QuickBooks Community to get help with your recurring transactions. I have some information to share about troubleshooting issues with recurring transactions. Usually, when anything memorized isn't functioning properly, this means there is data damage within the file.

This is easily fixed through a few different options. I recommend first running a rebuild and then a verify on the company file. This process will scan through your file, checking for and fixing data damage issues, and it will let you know if there is anything needing to be manually fixed. Here's how:

Note: I recommend performing these steps on the workstation the company file is stored on

Run the Rebuild:

• Go to File in the upper left-hand corner, then select Utilities Rebuild Data.
  • On the QuickBooks Information window, select OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup.
  • Select OK when you see Rebuild has completed.

Run the Verify:

• Go to File in the upper left-hand corner, then select Utilities Verify Data.
  • If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.
  • If Verify finds an issue with your data, you will be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors. Select Close, then perform the steps below.
    Important: Continue with the following steps if you are comfortable reviewing the QBWin.log or the QuickBooks.log file. Otherwise, you may contact support for additional help.
    • Find QBWin.log or QuickBooks.log files.
      Note: If you are working with a support agent, go to the Tech Help window (press F2, then F3 on your keyboard). Go to the Open File tab, highlight the log file, then select Send log files to Intuit support. This will send the file to a repository that will enable the support agent to view your log files.
    • Check the log file.
    • For Windows: Search (press Ctrl+on your keyboard) for BEGIN VERIFY, then locate the most recent file (logs are in date order with the latest at the bottom).
    • For Mac: Scroll all the way to the bottom for the most recent Verify information
    • Find the line that contains the LVL_ERROR, then check Top data damage errors in QuickBooks Desktop or search it in the QuickBooks Learn & Support site.
      Note: Errors within both log files might not be exactly the same but are presented in the same format.

If you find that you have no data damage in your file and you're still having issues with the recurring transactions, you may need to consider deleting and recreating them. I'm attaching a helpful article that goes over additional steps for troubleshooting data damage within your file.

You can find the link here. If you all have any questions for me about this or anything else QuickBooks, don't hesitate to reach out to the Community again.