TaniaT
Level 1

Accounts Receivable Aging Report

My accounts receivable aging report is not aging correctly. I have some customers set at Net 45 and they either age at 30 days or just a few days after the invoice date. How do I fix this?

qbteachmt
Level 15

Reports and accounting

Open the Lists menu > Customer & Vendor Profiles, the submenu, the Terms List. Edit that Terms to see if it is Define to what it is Named.

Now edit and confirm that Customer has this as their Default.

Edit your invoice Template to confirm no one relabeled the Field you are seeing that seems to be Due date, to confirm they didn't mess up what you think you see with the functional aspect that the program is using.

Now edit their invoice to confirm the Terms is assigned here; that's how the program uses it to set the Due date. Or, you set it manually. Or you select the Terms Manually.

And nothing updates Existing invoices automatically. If you find setup errors or overlooked selections, you also Update the invoices.

Ssutton
Level 1

Reports and accounting

What if that doesnt work? I am trying to run an a/r aging 30 day or longer and the filter is not working correctly

qbteachmt
Level 15

Reports and accounting

@Ssutton 

Which part doesn't work?Why are you Filtering an aging report? It will already show what you asked, if you use "AR Aging Summary" or "AR Aging Detail." At the top, you can change the increments, but they start at 30-day increments, so there is no need to Filter.

NoradBB
Level 2

Reports and accounting

On that note, my CFO does not want to see the Current column on the AR Aging. How do i change that?

Bryan_M
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

I'm glad you come back here in the Community, @NoraBB.

Currently, removing the "Current" column in the A/R Aging report isn't available. To change it, you need to export the A/R Aging report to excel.

Let me guide you how to do it:

1. Go to the Report Tab.

2. Select the Excel drop-down, then select Create New Worksheet or Update Existing Worksheet.
3. There will be a Send Report to Excel pop up, choose what you'd like you to do with the report.
4. Click Advanced button to see another pop up options for the exported report then select Ok.

To make sure that the Header information will show, go to the Printing options section and tick the option On Printed report and screen.
5. Select the Export  button. Then QuickBooks open MS Excel. You can edit your data as needed. 

You can click this link if you want to learn more about import or export MS Excel files.

If you need additional assistance with AR Aging reports, keep me posted. Have a great day.