WOVC
Level 2

Report Totals

Does anyone have an idea why an total amount for a account is different on two different reports. I have customized two reports.  Our procedure charge summary shows the quantity and amounts for each item in an account and totals each account.   The Profit & Loss Report I customized also and it also shows the totals for each account.  All of the account totals match on both reports except for our account for our Medications/Supplies Dispensed (our Inventory account).  It was off last month and I just checked it so far this month and it is off sixty some dollars again.  I assume maybe it is due to the cost of goods sold or just how it calculates.  I know everything is entered in okay because I went over January reports and checked everything entered and the amount on the procedure charge summary report was the correct amount.  Maybe some settings on the Profit & Loss report needs changed? I attached the report totals.

Solved
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reports and accounting

Hi there, @WOVC.

It's good to see you again here in the Community. Allow me to help figure out why you're getting different amounts on your two reports.

Did you select the same accounting method for both reports? If not, make sure to select the same method if it's Accrual or Cash basis to check if the amounts are balanced. You'll also need to check and ensure the filters are the same for both reports.

However, if you keep getting a different amount for both reports, I'd suggests running the Verify and Rebuild tool to identify if this is a data issue. You can check this article for the detailed steps: Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop.

As always you can contact our Desktop Care support if you need further assistance. They can access your account in a secure environment and help you in going through the steps.

Here's how to get their contact information: 

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks Version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Keep me posted how it works. I'm always here to help if you have other questions about your reports in QuickBooks. Have a good one. 

View solution in original post

WOVC
Level 2

Reports and accounting

LilyC,

I had to change one of my filter settings and then I got the same totals on both reports.  Thank you very much for your help!

KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Hello, @WOVC.

Thanks for the update. I’m glad to know you were able to resolve the issue.

For future reference, you can check out this article about customizing reports: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

If you need anything else, feel free to post again or leave a comment below. The Community is here to help. Wishing you and your business continued success!