BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Hi there, @roysco.

I appreciate you providing some more details about this issue. I'm here to help provide additional details regarding pulling up a Sales Item report in QuickBooks Desktop. 

We haven't received any similar cases reported to us. To better isolate this issue, we can try uninstalling and reinstalling your QuickBooks. Doing this helps resolve program-related issues like this. 

Before doing so, be sure to have your QuickBooks Desktop download file (or your installation CD), and license numbers ready.

To uninstall your QuickBooks:

1. Close QuickBooks.
  2. While on your desktop, from the Finder menu, select Go.
  3. Choose Applications.
  4. Select the QuickBooks icon and drag/move it to the Trash.

For detailed instructions about this process, please check out this article: Reinstall QuickBooks for Mac using clean install.

However, if the problem continues, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the necessary tools like screen-sharing that can help verify what's causing the issue. You can reach them by following the contact details found in this link: Contact the QuickBooks Desktop Customer Support Team.

This should get you back to business.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me here should you have any further questions, I want to make sure you're taken care of. Thanks for coming to the Community and take care.