JaneD

Reports and accounting

Hi there, moonlighting.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Let me to help you with your concern with sending email from QuickBooks Desktop.

Ymail and yahoomail are the same. So you're aware, Yahoo! Mail just recently implemented a 2-step verification process that'll generate a random password that must be entered in QuickBooks. Make sure to enter this password when sending emails.

To generate a password, you'll need to allow access for less secure apps by following these steps:

1. Go to Generate third-party app password in Yahoo help.
  2. On the Account Security page, scroll down to the Two-step verification and Allow apps that use less secure sign in section and turn on both features.
  3. Follow the steps in Generate third-party app passwords to get a one-time app password.
  4. Then, try sending the email through QuickBooks.
  5. In the Password text box, enter the third-party app password generated by Yahoo.
  6. Click on OK.

For further guidance, you can also check out this article: QuickBooks will not accept my web mail password.

From there, you shouldn't have any further issues after following these steps and will be able to get back on track.

Keep me updated on how this goes. I want to make sure everything you're all set with this concern. Have a great Monday.