Avitrol
Level 1

I can no longer send emails (invoices, statements) through my quickbooks. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps. I need help. Very frustrated. i have a yahoo ac

I can no longer send emails (invoices, statements) through my quickbooks. I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps. I need help. Very frustrated. i have a yahoo ac

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Hi there, @Avitrol.

Welcome and thank you for posting here in the Community. I'm here to help you send emails successfully.

There are lots of possible reasons why this happens:

• The email preference being set incorrectly.
  • A damaged QuickBooks installation.
  • Domain admin was blocked.
  • Account security settings from your email provider.

Since you've done all the troubleshooting steps, I'll just be sharing some of it to help you fix this.

First, you'll need to make sure your QuickBooks Desktop software is updated to its latest release. QuickBooks periodically provides maintenance release and product (software) updates to fix emailing concerns, add features and enhancements, and update compliance information.

Second, please check the settings in the web mail  preferences:

1. At the top menu bar, click Edit.
  2. Choose Preferences.
  3. Click Send Forms on the left panel.
  4. Under My Preferences tab, select the email account you're using.
  5. Click Edit.
  6. Mark the SSL box, or just select Default.
  7. In the Server Name field, make sure the server name matches your email provider's settings. 

If you see smtp.mail.yahoo.com for example, change the name intuit.smtp.mail.yahoo.com and click OK.

If you're getting an incorrect password error message, please follow the detailed steps in this article to resolve this: QuickBooks Will Not Accept my WebMail Password.

To isolate the issue, you can also send emails using a sample company file to check if it's doing the same thing.

1. Go to the File menu.
  2. Click Close Company.
  3. In the No Company Open window, click the Open a Sample File button, and choose the sample company file you want to use.

After, you can set up your email service in QuickBooks Desktop and try to send an email again.

However, if you've gone through all the steps mentioned above, I'd recommend contacting our QuickBooks Support to check and investigate this further for you. Our support team has the necessary tools to check your company file via a secured remote access.

For the support's contact information:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose your QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, click a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

Feel free to add a comment below if you have any other concerns about sending emails, I'm always here to help. Wishing you the best!

moonlighting
Level 2

Reports and accounting

I went in to the edit and preference and the send forms to change the stmp.  to the intuit.stmp.yahoo.com  when I add it and then hit OK quickbooks deletes the line and says I need to have the server name it will only accept smtp.mail.yahoo.com

moonlighting
Level 2

Reports and accounting

I went in to the edit and preference and the send forms to change the stmp.  to the intuit.stmp.yahoo.com  when I add it and then hit OK quickbooks deletes the line and says I need to have the server name it will only accept smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Charies_M

Reports and accounting

Hello there, moonlighting.

Thanks for keeping us updated. Allow me to step in and clarify why you're unable to edit your Email Id in QuickBooks Desktop.

You should use the correct Email Id format to make sure the email matches the corresponding Server Name and Port. 

That should do it. Please know that you're always welcome to post any questions you may have about setting up an email service to send forms. I'd be glad to help.

moonlighting
Level 2

Reports and accounting

I have done that and it still does not work it says my password is not correct.  I still an unable to send emails.  My account is a yahoo email but it is Ymail.com not yahoo.com would that be a problem?

JaneD

Reports and accounting

Hi there, moonlighting.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Let me to help you with your concern with sending email from QuickBooks Desktop.

Ymail and yahoomail are the same. So you're aware, Yahoo! Mail just recently implemented a 2-step verification process that'll generate a random password that must be entered in QuickBooks. Make sure to enter this password when sending emails.

To generate a password, you'll need to allow access for less secure apps by following these steps:

1. Go to Generate third-party app password in Yahoo help.
  2. On the Account Security page, scroll down to the Two-step verification and Allow apps that use less secure sign in section and turn on both features.
  3. Follow the steps in Generate third-party app passwords to get a one-time app password.
  4. Then, try sending the email through QuickBooks.
  5. In the Password text box, enter the third-party app password generated by Yahoo.
  6. Click on OK.

For further guidance, you can also check out this article: QuickBooks will not accept my web mail password.

From there, you shouldn't have any further issues after following these steps and will be able to get back on track.

Keep me updated on how this goes. I want to make sure everything you're all set with this concern. Have a great Monday.

moonlighting
Level 2

Reports and accounting

still will not work. I did the generate 3rd party password and it will not send the invoices.. I now have to use my fingerprint to open my phone. I do not like this. I dont like having to have a lock on my phone. I would like to send my invoices to my customers.  I have done all the steps above. and it will not work.

FritzF

Reports and accounting

Thanks for getting back to us, @moonlighting.

Allow me to chime in for a moment and help make sure that you can send invoices to your customers in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

First of all, I appreciate you performing all the steps provided by my colleagues above. Since the issue still persists even after generating third-party app password in your Yahoo! Mail, I highly suggest contacting our Phone Support team so they can check it out using their screen-sharing (remote access) tool and fix it for you.

You can check out this article for the detailed steps on how to reach them: Contact the QuickBooks Desktop Customer Support Team.

After contacting them, I'm confident that you can go ahead and send invoices to your customers.

Please let me know how it goes or if I can be of additional assistance. I'm always here should you have any follow-up questions or concerns. Take care and have a great rest of the day!

pamnorcalpc
Level 2

Reports and accounting

I JUST POSTED A FIX FOR YAHOO , I too was going CRAZY  see the file I have attached 

pamnorcalpc
Level 2

Reports and accounting

HERE IS YOUR FIX , This is for YAHOO mail , I too was going CRAZY , if you have any other questions you can email me pamnorcalpc    please put in the message QB PROBLEM WITH IV AND STMT , This fixes the problem to also do the attachments