MorganB
Content Leader

Reports and accounting

Hi rebeccarac3,

I appreciate you posting here in the Community. I'm happy to lend a hand with setting up your invoice templates.

One option is to set up location tracking within your QuickBooks Online account. Locations are used to keep track of different addresses, offices, regions, or outlets of the same company. (*This is only available in the Plus version of QuickBooks Online.)

First, you'll need to turn on the Locations feature:

1. Click the Gear icon in the top right corner.

2. Select Account and Settings.

3. Choose the Advanced tab on the left.

4. In the Categories section, click the small pencil on the right.

5. Put a check mark beside of Track locations and set the Location label to "Location."

6. Click Save and then Done.

Once you have Locations enabled, the next step is to enter your different addresses:

1. Click the Gear icon in the top right corner.

2. Select All Lists.

3. In the Lists page, choose Locations.

4. Click the green New button in the top right corner.

5. Enter the name and check the box "This location has a different address where donors contact me or send payments." (You could also check the box for a different email address but that's optional.)

6. Click Save.

7. Repeat for second address.

Third, edit or create your invoice template in Custom Form Styles:

1. Click the Gear icon.

2. Choose Custom Form Styles.

3. From here, you can create a brand new or edit an existing template with a name you'll recognize as Address A and another template for Address B.

Lastly, you're ready to create invoices with two separate addresses:

1. Click the Create icon (+) in the top right corner.

2. Choose Invoice.

3. Fill in all of the necessary information. Don't forget to select the Location.

4. At the bottom of the Invoice page, click Customize and choose your desired template associated with the Location you've selected.

5. Select Print or Preview at the bottom of the page as well, then Print or Preview again. You'll see the different address listed on the preview. (Close if you don't want to print.)

6. Click Save and Close in the bottom right corner of the invoice.

These steps will allow you to have two separate invoice templates with two different addresses. Keep up the great work and please let me know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post