pow6882
Level 1

Labor Burden Allocation

How do I capture all labor burden costs and those costs be reflected on job profitability reports?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reports and accounting

Make sure all of the company taxes and other benefit items have the option selected to job cost.  Then when you create new checks the expenses from those items will be costed when you enter the Jobs on the paychecks in the earnings table.

lmgiampa
Level 1

Reports and accounting

The payroll taxes are not giving me the option to select job costing.  Where would I do this?  

lmgiampa
Level 1

Reports and accounting

I am using Contractor desktop and it doesn't give me the option to job cost payroll taxes.  Where can I do this? 

JonpriL

Reports and accounting

Hello @lmgiampa,

You'll have to select a job under the Customer:Job column of your employee's earning. This way, you can calculate the job costing of your payroll taxes.

1. Go to Employees.
  2. Select Payroll Center.
  3. Click Start Unscheduled Payroll.
  4. Choose an employee for your payroll.
  5. Select Open Paycheck Detail.
  6. Under Earnings, select a job on the Customer:Job column.
  7. Click Save & Close.

Here's an article you can read to learn more about job costing and tracking: Tracking job costs in QuickBooks Desktop.

I've got you this helpful article in case you need ideas about the job costing and tracking for contractors: How does it work?

Please touch base with me here for all of your QuickBooks needs, I'm always happy to help. Thanks for dropping by.