Bones
Level 1

Numeric listing of accounts

In Quickbooks 2019 for Mac V18.0.4.RS

The chart of accounts in one of the companies I have on QB the accounts are listed in numeric order which I want.  When I display the P&L, Balance sheet, and general ledger the accounts are not listed in numeric order. The tech in Manila could not solve the problem.  Perhaps someone in the community has experienced the same problem and can provide assistance.

SkinnyRaven
Level 8

Reports and accounting

Try edit>resort list with your chart of accounts open, re check your report.

Bones
Level 1

Reports and accounting

that term is edit>re-sort.  It worked thank you.

Bones

Bones
Level 1

Reports and accounting

After a closer look the accounts on the general ledger are not in numeric order but the chart of accounts is in number order.  I could not get an answer from support in Manila either.

Bones

Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Thanks for getting back to us, @Bones.

Let's run a couple of utility tools first to get General Ledger report sorted in numeric order.

Since you already re-sort the Chart of Accounts, let's run verify and rebuild data to get this fix.

To run Verify Data utility:  

1. Select File at the top and choose Utilities
  2. Click Verify Data
  3. If there are issues found, you’ll be prompted to Rebuild Now.  

Here’s how to run the Rebuild utility:  

1. Click the File tab at the top. 
  2. Select Utilities from the drop down option. 
  3. Choose Rebuild Data
  4. Click Ok on Rebuild has completed. 

For additional troubleshooting steps, please refer to this article: Resolve Data Damage on your Company File.

After verifying and rebuilding the data, you can re-sort you Chart of Accounts again and check your General Ledger report to double check. You may find this article helpful: Re-sort Lists.

Please keep me posted on how things go with this. I'm here anytime you need further help with the General Ledger report.