RaymondJayO

Reports and accounting

Thanks for providing on-point details about your situation, @mb722

I'll help ensure you're able to reconcile the company's inventory that you helped. 

The program used the Source and Targets concept when displaying reports. The Source is the summary information about a transaction. The Targets provide the detailed information about the transaction. For more information, you can check out this helpful article: Understand Reports

To help locate the discrepancies, you'll need to open each transaction on the Balance Sheet Standard report. This way, you can check each transaction and verify the items that aren't showing on the report. Here's how: 

1. Go to the Reports menu at the top. 
  2. Select Company & Financial
  3. Choose Balance Sheet Standard
  4. Click the amount on the Inventory Asset section. 
  5. Set the date range for January. 
  6. On the Transactions by Account page, Manually open each transaction for verification purposes. 

You can also use the Balance Sheet Detail report since it displays the adjustments column which indicates if an account has had any manual adjustments made to it. For more details, here's a great article you can refer to: Customize Company and Financial Reports

While I'm unable to suggest deleting the incorrect journal entries, you'll need the assistance of an accounting professional. By doing so, he/she can advise the appropriate treatment to help ensure your inventory reconciliation is correct. 

I'm here anytime you have other concerns, @mb722. Have a good day.