Anonymous
Not applicable

Reports and accounting

It's a sad state of affairs, but I appear to have found a work around. It involves uninstalling Office 365 and installing Office 2010.

I am (was) using a local version of Office 365, which has not worked for payroll exports (with pivot tables) since upgrading to Enterprise 19.0

After trying every possible fix within this thread (unsuccessfully) and contacting QB support, which had no solution, I had an idea.   I uninstalled Office 365 and downloaded Excel 2010.  I did have a product key, but have not actually activated it yet.

I was able to successfully export the payroll report "summarize payroll data in Excel" into Excel 2010 with pivot tables intact.  It's not a perfect solution, and there are still some pop ups to ignore, and likely some security risks being that it's not an updated version. But,  if you rely on this info for quarterly reports (as I do) and have struggled through every other unsuccessful attempt to export this data, it might be worth the trouble. It was for me. I intend on reinstalling Office 365 as soon as I'm finished with it.  Hopefully this helps out someone as desperate as I was to find a solution, even if just temporary, until QB resolves the issue.