HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

I'm here to make sure the Balance Total column will show the amounts, @Anonymous.

Generally, the banks, Accounts Receivable, Other Current Asset, Fixed Asset, Accounts Payable, Credit Card, and Equity accounts must have amounts on the Balance Total column. Others not mentioned remains blank for they don't require an opening balance.

Since all of your items in the COA don't have amounts on the Balance Total column, let's try performing some troubleshooting steps. This is to verify if this is a data-related issue.

Let's begin with opening a sample file:

1. Open your QuickBooks.
  2. Click the Open a sample file button.
  3. Select a company file.
    1.JPG
  4. Once done, go back to your Chart of Accounts (Lists > Chart of Accounts).

If there are amounts on the Balance Total column, this means the data in your company file is damaged. What we need to do next is run the Verify/Rebuild tool.

Here's how to verify data:

1. On the top menu, click File.
  2. Choose Utilities.
  3. Select Verify Data.
  4. Click OK when you see the message, QuickBooks detected no problem with your data.
  5. If Verify finds an issue with your data, you'll be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors.
  6. Click Close or View Errors and take note of the specific error message.
    2.JPG

Here's how to rebuild data:

1. On the top menu, click File.
  2. Choose Utilities.
  3. Select Verify Data.
  4. Click OK if you receive a prompt to back up your company file.
  5. Click OK when you get the message, Rebuild has completed and proceed to the next step.
  6. Run Verify Data again to make sure there's no error.
    3.JPG

Please let me know how it goes or if you have any follow-up questions. I'll be here if you need further assistance. Just leave a comment below.

View solution in original post