wolffixer
Level 2

Emailing multiple reports not respecting "Fit report to 1 page(s) wide"

I am trying to email multiple memorized reports at once. My problem is that they are splitting the reports to two pages wide every time I try to email them as a group. I have gone to "Printer Setup" and clicked the option under reports for "fit report to 1 page(s) wide" but it does not seem to effect emailing multiple reports at once. If I open an individual report and then click the "Email as PDF" option it attached it to the email correctly at one page wide. But when using the process multiple reports at once it will not put them at once page wide. Can anyone tell me if this is possible or how to do this? (processing multiple reports at once to email but keeping reports 1 page wide)

I'm using Quick books Desktop 2018 Premier Edition. 

Solved
IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Greetings, @wolffixer.

Let me provide you with some resources about emailing reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

You can email reports as an attachments. It could either be as an individual Adobe PDF files or Excel workbooks. May I ask what type of memorized report are you trying to email?

Yes, you're correct changing the settings in your printer setup will not affect the emailed reports. When sending reports as PDF attachments by bulk there is no other way to modify how it will appear on your recipient's end.

However, once the recipient view the report on their end, they can always change its set up.

a6.jpg

Let us know here in the Community if you have other questions about emailing reports in QuickBooks Desktop. I'm always here to help.

wolffixer
Level 2

Reports and accounting

I am trying to email a couple different types of reports. Most are memorized to get the data and accounts I want included in them. Mostly either customized "Profit and Loss Budget Performance" report with added columns for difference and the percentage. The other is just a customized transaction journal. It is the Budget report I have the trouble with. When I open one of the memorized reports by itself and click "email/PDF" it will generate into an outlook window correctly at one page wide. But when I do the same report in the "process multiple reports" window I get a PDF in outlook that is multiple pages wide vs the needed one page wide report. I could go export each report individually every time to my local computer then go email them from there but it would be so much easier if I didn't have to open everyone each time I have to email them all. 

wolffixer
Level 2

Reports and accounting

Also I looked at your example again and I'm not sure you understood what I was asking. the fit to one page in adobe just has to deal with zoom of the produced document outside of QuickBooks. My problem has to do with QuickBooks not producing a document that has all the columns on a single page wide. I don't care if they turn the page Landscape or make it smaller print. I just want to see them all on a single page wide. Right now It fits to one page wide (QuickBook Settings) when I email/PDF a single report. But when I try to email multiple reports it splits up the columns onto separate pages. 

FritzF

Reports and accounting

Hello there, @wolffixer.

I appreciate you getting back to us and for providing additional information. Allow me to chime in and share some insights about emailing reports in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

After reading your conversation with my colleague and doing some research, I found out that QBDT doesn't currently have the option to fit the report to 1 page wide when emailing them by batch through the Process Multiple Reports window. This option is only available when sending/emailing individual report and you can do this as a workaround.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Reports menu at the top, then pick Memorized Reports and Memorized Reports Lists.

142.PNG

2. Locate and double-click the report to open.

3. Click the Email option at the top and choose how you want to send it.

143.PNG

For additional information, you can also visit these articles for future reference:

This should answer your concern for today. Please let me know how it goes or if you have any other questions. I'm here to help. Cheers!

View solution in original post

wolffixer
Level 2

Reports and accounting

Thank you for that info. I was a bit afraid "it doesn't work that way" would be the answer. I had done lots of email individual reports the way you listed and it fit to one page. Which is why it has driven me nuts when the processing multiple didn't stay with the one page setting. 

In my effort to save time and complexity to email reports do you have any ways I can email say three reports in one email getting the "fit to one page" option without having to export each one individually to my desktop and then attaching them? I have to email about 10+ of these groups each month. 

I had looked at scheduled reports but they list "single user mode" as a requirement. I use multi user mode. Would I be able to switch to single user mode and setup the emailing schedule and then go back to multi user mode then whenever they need to be mailed just switch it to single user mode and they will all just go? Also I'm assuming since the process multiple reports at once doesn't fit to one page the scheduled emailing would not fit to one page either? 

Thanks for your help,

JonpriL

Reports and accounting

Thank you for the response, @wolffixer!

As mentioned by my colleague above, you can only attach a single report when sending them through email.

You can follow the same steps with screenshots shared by my colleague, @FritzF, and send your report individually through email.

In addition, you can switch back to multiuser mode once you're done emailing them your reports.

Lastly, I've also included our detailed guide in accessing your company file through multiuser mode.

I'll be always around to help you here in the Community if you have any other questions.

wolffixer
Level 2

Reports and accounting

Ok, thank you for the info. I've come to see QuickBooks doesn't do emailing reports like I'm used to from my old software. It will just be us learning to either adapt or take a little extra time to do each one individually. I would say it would be great if they add settings options for the "processing multiple reports at once" in the future thought. If I can remember where it is I'll leave them that suggestion as feedback. I appreciate your guys help with quick answers letting me know the limitation of that system. I'll keep working with my reporting and see if I can simplify it down to email better than it is right now. 

Thanks