Established Member

How can I easily categorize and record many one-time payments for our summer festival's events (parade entries, 5k run entries) - all are check or cash

Frequent Contributor *

Re: How can I easily categorize and record many one-time payments for our summer festival's events (parade entries, 5k run entries) - all are check or cash

Hi @lbertilson,

I'm guessing these are items for which you did not invoice.  In my head, the scenario goes: You receive a registration form with payment.  You need to record the registrant and payment. The end.   If that is the case, you will need to use SALES RECEIPT.   This will prove helpful:

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/lessons/sales-receipts/

As far as categorizing them - I would create a COA for each event. For example, if you hold multiple races, maybe COA:RACE and then sub them out by IL-Komen,  KY-HeartAssoc

, etc.  For each one you receive a registration/payment for, just select the proper COA.  That way, you can run a report and see total income received for each individual race/event. 

Good luck with your events!

Established Member

Re: How can I easily categorize and record many one-time payments for our summer festival's events (parade entries, 5k run entries) - all are check or cash

Thank you so much! That was helpful and what I was thinking - definitely good to feel confident in that as a newbie!