JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Thanks for getting back to the QuickBooks Community, @CoolChoices.

Allow me to jump in and help ensure you're able to export reports in QuickBooks Desktop. 

This isn't the kind of customer service we want you to experience. Part of our job is to provide excellent customer service in a manner that your experience is marked as outstanding.

When the export option for Excel is grayed out in QuickBooks, it is due to the following reasons: 

• Excel is not installed on your computer.
  • Excel is installed across a network.
  • The local Excel installation is damaged.

To troubleshoot the issue you will need to toggle the UAC in Windows. To turn off UAC on Windows 7, 8, and 10, here's how: 

1. Select the Windows Start button.
  2. Go to User Account Control Settings. 
    • Type Change User Account Control Settings and press Enter; or
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter. Select User Accounts, then Change User Account Control Settings.
  3. Move the slider to Never Notify. And choose OK.

Now, let's restart your computer and QuickBooks then open your company file. All export options, including Excel, should now be available. 

If none of these solutions fix the issue, please reach out to a qualified IT professional for further help.

For additional reference, you can check this article: Export option for Excel is grayed out.

If you need further assistance with the troubleshooting steps, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Support Team. They have additional tools to pull up your account and do a remote session. Please know that contacting our technical support is free, you shouldn't pay for anything. 

Here's how to contact our customer support:

1. Select QuickBooks Desktop Help from the Help menu.
  2. You can also press F1 on your keyboard to bring up the same Help Panel
  3. In order to route you to the correct support expert, we need to know what type of question you have.
  4. Click Continue.
  5. We’ll provide you a few options. You choose which one is best for you.

This will get you on the right track. Don't hesitate to leave a comment below if you have additional concerns about exporting reports. I'm always here to help you out.