FritzF

Reports and accounting

Thanks for getting back to us, @Designer2009.

I appreciate the details and the screenshots you've provided. Allow me to chime in and share some additional information about the credit memo in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT).

I read through your conversation with my colleagues to better understand the issue. What I've found out is that you'll only see the pop-up notification asking to print a credit memo at the time you receive an overpayment.

Here's a sample screenshot from my test file.

27.PNG

On the other hand, I can see how having QuickBooks automatically create a credit memo for an overpayment would be helpful for you and your business. While this option isn't available yet, rest assured that I'm going to submit a feature request from my side, which is sent to the Product Development Team.

In the meantime, you need to manually enter them as a workaround. Please refer to the article provided by my colleague @MaryGraceS above for the detailed steps.

Thanks for being a part of our QuickBooks family. Please feel free to post again or leave a comment should you need anything else. I'll be happy to answer them. Have a great weekend.