Chadster
Level 3

Reports and accounting

I'm pretty new to the QB Community and in general, however, in reviewing this message, I am thinking about just charging a standard 3% fee to all our credit card customers.  So, if you need to get $5000 for a service in the original example, charging the 3% would be a fee of $150.  Then, the merchant service charges you 2.9% on the $5,150 =  $149.35.  Therefore, you would end up with a net $5,000.65.  We currently take all kinds of cards and they each charge differently.  But over the course of the month, it all averaged out to about 2.8% overall.  So, yes, I might make a few cents on the dollar, but if you tell all your customers a simple 3% fee will be applied to all card transactions, then you won't have to try and figure out a different amount each time, and it makes up for the processing fee for you fees, if you follow me.  This is what I'm thinking about doing myself.  If anybody has any opposition or comment that this would not be a good idea, please feel free to share.  thanks.