AldrinS
QuickBooks Team

Reports and accounting

Hi there, Paulaatgsconcrete.

It's good to hear from you again today. Allow me to step in for a moment and share some insight on that part of BRC's awesome answer.

You are correct, you could void the payroll checks to correct the data on your forms and reports, then replace them with standard checks. The following steps will guide you through each of these processes.

To void the payroll checks:

1. From the Employees menu, choose Payroll Center.
  2. Go to the Pay Employees tab.
  3. At the bottom, click Edit/Void Paycheck.
  4. Enter a date range in the Show Paychecks From and Through fields, then click anywhere in the display area to show the paychecks.
  5. Select one that needs to be deleted.
  6. Click the Void button.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions that'll appear. Repeat these steps for the other paychecks.
  8. Once you're finished, hit the Done button to close the window.

To create standard checks:

1. From the Banking menu, select Write Checks.
  2. Choose the correct Bank Account.
  3. Enter the appropriate details in the Pay to the Order Of (vendor),  Number (No.), Date, and Amount fields. If necessary, you may also enter a Memo.
  4. Fill in the correct Account, Amount, and any other necessary details.
  5. Click Save & Close.

All of this information and more is available from our guide on voiding paychecks and creating regular checks. With these resources, I'm confident you'll be able to tackle the checks without issue.

Keep in touch with me here if there's anything else you need. I always got your back. Thanks for reaching out, wishing you and your business the best.

View solution in original post