Create 2018 1099's - only 2017 grrrr
I want to conclude my 2018 tax reporting and need to do a few 1099's (and the 1096); QBooks seems only to do 2017 even though I have updated payroll forms to the latest (it's December 28).
Do I have to wait til the calendar year rolls over. Annoying!
Re: Create 2018 1099's - only 2017 grrrr
Hi there, lfking.
I appreciate you performing some tests in order to create the 2018 1099's. We can try some more steps to resolve this.
The latest released payroll update guarantees the availability of the 1099 form for 2018. You will have to update your computer date to 2019. After changing it, you should be able to run and pull the form 1099 and 1096.
Here's how to change your date to 2019:
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the run command.
- Type in control panel, then select OK.
- Choose Clock, Language and Region.
- Choose Change Location.
- In Home Location (Current Location in Windows7 and Vista), select United States.
- On the Administrative tab, select Change System Locale.
- Choose English (United States).
- Select Apply.
- Click OK.
- Restart your computer for changes to take effect.
For additional insights about 1099, please refer to this article: Set up a 1099 vendor and print forms.
That's it. Let me know if you have additional questions. I'm here to answer them all for you. Wishing you all the best!