CA_CPA
Level 1

1099-MISC CA state filing

I have gotten conflicting answers from Quickbooks as to whether or not the IRS forwards the 1099-MISC forms to the state of California after we file using Quickbooks Online.  The answer in the link below indicates yes, but others responded saying Quickbooks does not use the combined filing system.  I want to know if the IRS forwards the forms to the state of California anyway because in prior years this company filed using Quickbooks, but did not file with CA, and there was never any issue which makes me suspect that California somehow received the forms anyway.  The other question I have is, if the company does indeed still need to file the 1099-MISC forms with CA after filing electronically to the IRS using Quickbooks, what format does the CA Franchise Tax Board require?  The company once sent in paper copies to the FTB, and never heard back from them.   I have been told that one must file electronically with the FTB if the IRS forms were filed electronically.  All this is totally confusing and there is not enough information on the IRS web sites, the CA FTB web sites, or Quickbooks, so I need someone at Quickbooks to do some thorough research here to come up with a comprehensive answer.  

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Employees-and-payroll/Is-QB-using-the-IRS-Combined-Federal-S...