Re: state tax error - 941/944 won't go.
It's nice to have you here today, @sr2019,
I appreciate the in-depth information you shared in your post. This will help us narrow things down. Let's rectify the payroll error, so you don't get behind on your work.
You'll normally get this error if you added the state of Tennessee on your Work Locations or assigned this location to your employee's profile. You can check your employee's information to verify if someone is using TN. Here's how:
- Go to the Workers menu.
- Tap the Employees tab then the employee name.
- Click the pencil icon in the Employment section.
- In the Work location drop-down, update the state if he is using TN.
- Click Done.
If there is no one assigned to the state, let's access your Payroll Settings and update your State Tax Setup. Follow the steps below:
- Click the Gear icon and select Payroll Settings.
- In the Taxes section, click State Taxes - TN.
- Update the TN State Unemployment Insurance (SUI) Setup.
- Fill out the Rate fields by adding 0.00%.
- Click OK.
Once done, try submitting your 941/944 payment. It should work this time.
To learn more about Work locations, please check out these related articles:
That's got it. Should you need help or have additional questions about payroll, please leave me a comment below. I'd be much delighted to help you get back on track. Have a good one!