Steven_O
Level 2

Taxes

Just to add my two cents about non-texas problems.  This doesn't work for me either in CT.  It might if I were a straight retail outlet.  The thing about QuickBooks is that the feature may not be in there for you but you can always work things around, that is until QuickBooks starts telling you how to do it the "correct" way.  

Zeroing out sales tax for me doesn't work either because I need to classify my sales based on the client and the type of work I am doing for them.  I have specific exemptions and CT makes you classify them all when you file; the new work automated thing doesn't let me classify exemptions so I have to look at each transaction and put it into an excel spreadsheet to calculate how much of each type I have.  I used to just have a sales tax category for each exemption and have it at a zero rate, then it would automatically classify the sales in each field. This could all be resolved if QBO would stop locking down reports and let users create their own query of their data.  

Don't create a feature that doesn't allow a user to think for themselves...its a great feature for people who don't know what they are doing otherwise but don't dumb down QBO so much that power users can't do it better.