Did you mean: 
Announcements

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
rooftop
Level 2

Reply to message

Thanks Emily.  I am starting from scratch.  I have worked in the corporate accountant role for many years and it's just the perfect convergence of factors where it's time for me to give this a go.  And I think the accounting part is the easy part.  It's the practical part I don't quite get.  For example, suppose you as the accountant or bookkeeper remit payroll taxes to the government each month (Ontario) on behalf of your client.  Does the client give you a login to their business bank account?  Or do you remit from your own bank account and bill the client a pass-through?  If you are invoicing on behalf of a client, and they use a Simply Accounting desktop version, what is your workflow?  Do you go to their site one day a week, enter all invoices and apply all payments?  Or do you get your own Simply Accounting license, then get an Accountant's Copy of the client's books, enter the invoices and apply payments, then go back to their site and enter the changes?  Also, let's say you file someone's tax return but it's a walk-in, much like H&R Block or some provider at the mall.  Generally speaking the return can be done, but won't be filed until payment is received.  But the fee can be netted from the return.  How exactly does that happen?  Do you give them their return, less the fee, and have the return deposited to your bank?  That seems wrong, but these are the things I don't quite understand.  How does H&R Block do it?  I looked up multiple variations of that search string and found nothing of use. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us