Did you mean: 
Announcements

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
rooftop
Level 2

Reply to message

@lynda - very helpful indeed.  The proposed niche of rental properties, FYI and in the interest of disclosure, is because my brother has rental properties and he needs an accountant ... so I better get that right(!)  And if I get it right for him, I might as well get it right for other people and presto, business plan.   All your other points are spot on and you are the second person to advocate for Sharefile.  The Canadian equivalent of ProConnect is Profile, one version of which is TurboTax T2, which I have in fact used.   About your business:  1. you are an online-only bookkeeper using QBO.  So that means that both you and your clients have access to their company files.  How are the passwords administered?  Is it two-step authentication (password + SMS code for example)?  2. Do you have to take any extra steps for data security or do you leave that to Intuit?  3. How do you get your clients' information for bookkeeping entry?  Do they upload scans of their bank and credit card statements through Sharefile?  Do they make any of their own entries with their QBO credentials, and then you and your team make adjusting entries?  4. Do you send them monthly statements, or do you only ensure the accuracy of the QB monthly entries, and teach them how to run their own P&L or balance sheets from within QBO to know where they stand?  5. Do you send QB extracts to their CPAs or tax preparers for tax filings?  6. Do any of your clients require inventory tracking?  7.  Do you do payroll administration in QB for any of your clients?  8. Do you complete any government remittances on behalf of any of your clients?  I know that's a lot of questions and please know I genuinely appreciate your time.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us