Announcements

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
JenPM
Level 3

Reply to message

Hello Amber! 

This is definitely where I struggle to but I have learned it's alot of trail and error. I have learned tk stop overthinking it because I would do what it sounds like you are doing and worrying about what if I would of done this. However that is in the past and now you have a base as to what you could charge. Honestly I think that is a fair price without knowing all the details. But now you know maybe to up your price next time and see how it goes! 

One thing that hasn't been mentioned so far is it really also depends on 1. Where you are located and 2. Your clients. Big cities are going to have different price points then the small towns. I would recommend looking up the salary of an accountant in your area. Then Divide that by the number of hours in a work year to get the hourly rate. This was my base. Then decide if you want to raise it from here. 

I also charge differently based on my clients. I have small businesses and I don't want them to go bankrupt. It also depends on the complexity and time I'm going to dedicate to it. I wait until I actually talk to the person (or meet) so I can get an idea of how important they think accounting is, and overall just a sense of who they are. 

Good luck! I'm still trying to hit that sweet spot! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us