Announcements

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Rustler
Level 15

Reply to message

@hectorgarciacpawrote:

I like the link to the 2018 stats.. thanks for That!

I disagree only in one statement you made: "Might mean you are getting in on the bottom of a trend - or it might mean small businesses have found it adds little to nothing to sales."

I personally draw a LOT of sales from my YouTube Channel.   I think, 9% of small business are in it... because 91% do not know what it can do for them OR they do not want to make the investment for it.  Which is what I would call a MASSIVE opportunity.

If the same article came out 20 years ago about websites that said only 9% have websites, your "bottom of the trend" statement would be completly wrong (in hindsight); but not necessarily untrue based on the state of the internet and internet users at the moment.   Is also possible that only 9% of the small business buyers use YouTube, but if as the trend moves up.. so will the adoption.

I could also be wrong in the way I am reading if your statement "bottom of the trend" means being too early or too being late.. would love your clarification on that

The issue is viewpoint.  I am in retail for the most part, so when I say sales I am referring to getting customers in the store, either again or for the first time.  Retail changes rapidly, at least my niche does, sales, style trends fading and new ones appearing, etc etc.

I can see utube working very well to allow a new client to get to know your speaking style, how you explain things etc.  That would indeed be beneficial in terms of garnering new clients.

And I guess that is my issue in most of these one size fits all articles.  Industry or niche application is never mentioned, and never mentions how it would apply.

So let's take a practical theoretical scenario, you are a value adde accountant / consultant, so if I was your client, knowing I am women's clothing retail, both new and consigned, How does this apply?  Or would you even bring it up?

As far as my comments on the 9% stat.  Nothing was ever mentioned about 9% of business buyers using utube, the stat refers to small businesess using utube for their business.

If the same article came out 20 years ago about websites that said only 9% have websites, your "bottom of the trend" statement would be completly wrong (in hindsight); but not necessarily untrue based on the state of the internet and internet users at the moment.   

Well I disagree, Creatin a web site back then would put you at the bottom of the climb of popularity, the growing presense of web sites.  IMO that would be a good thing.  Actually, I had a web site when html was on version 2, circa 1997-98

Need to get in touch?

Contact us