Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
IH8QuikB
Level 3

Reply to message

There is nothing intrinsic about the way QB works that prevents it from being used on One Drive, Drop Box etc. Intuit prevents it from being used that way because they want to force you to upgrade to their hosted service.

The fact that QB contains a DB is irrelevant. For example, One Drive works by keeping a local copy of the files and then syncing them with the remote cloud version. QB may generate a lot of network traffic with all that synchronization, but the local copy always reflects the changes and provided you don't have some catastrophic machine failure before data can be synced remotely, the cloud version will also eventually reflect those changes.

Unfortunately, intuit do not tell you that they cripple their software so you can't run on a cloud drive. I started my company file on One Drive and have no problem opening and editing it, but now I have discovered that none of the saved backups can be restored.

This is infuriating. I am considering initiating a class-action lawsuit against intuit.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us