Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hi there, @squarepeg.

Thanks for joining the Community today. I'm here to help you get past the error that you received so you can get back to business. 

These errors usually occur when QuickBooks finds an issue with your data. To get this sorted out you can try running the verify and rebuild process. Verifying the data identifies data issues within a company file while rebuilding it resolves data integrity issues.

Here's how: 

1. Go to the File menu.
  2. Select on Utilities.
  3.  Click on Rebuild Data.
  4. On the QuickBooks Information window, select OK. Follow the prompts to save a backup. 
  5. Select OK when you see Rebuild has completed.

Once done, you can proceed with verifying your data:

1. Go to the File menu.
  2. Select on Utilities.
  3.  Click on Verify Data.
  4. If you see QuickBooks detected no problem with your data, select OK. You may continue using your company file.

For more details about this process, please check out this article: Resolve data damage on your company file.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the proper tools like screen sharing that can verify what's causing the issue.

To do that: 

1. In your browser, navigate to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Select the issue or topic.
  4. Click the Green Phone button to get the support number.

This should get you on track.

Please let me know how it goes. I'll be around if you need additional assistance. Have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us