cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QuickBooks Team

Re: Why Quickbooks 2019 for Mac is asking me for a password to open my company file from Quickboo...

It’s nice to see you here in the Community, @antoineaugier.

I’m here to share some information about the password prompt when accessing company file using QuickBooks Desktop 2019 for Mac.

The new QuickBooks version has added security that helps protect sensitive data like credit cards, SSN, and employer identification numbers. Those who have Credit Card Protection enabled will be asked to create a password when signing in to the file after the update.

Since it’s not set up, you can leave the Password field blank and simply hit the OK button. QuickBooks should allow you to access the file successfully.

If the system continues to ask you to enter a password, I recommend reaching out to the Technical Support Team for further assistance. They can pull up your account in a secure environment, which we are unable to do in public forums, and help reset the password for you. 

Here’s how:

1. Go to this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contactus.
  2. Select QuickBooks Mac Desktop.
  3. Choose a topic.
  4. Scroll down and click the Get Phone Number button.

Check out the following articles for more information: 

That should get you on the right track.

Let me know if this works out for you or how the call goes. I’m more than happy to help. Take care and have a good one!