Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
MariaAlmaT
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Nice to see you here, @KenV.

Thanks for adding a reply on this thread and for clarifying the concern. I'm here to provide additional information on how to download bank transactions into QuickBooks.

While my colleague@BettyJaneB provided you with one of the supported file to upload bank transactions, the CSV files is also a great idea if you're using QuickBooks Online.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Banking tab and choose Banking.
  2. Click the drop-down arrow for Update and select File upload.
  3. Select Browse and choose the file you downloaded from your bank.
  4. Click Next.
  5. From the QuickBooks Account drop-down list, select the appropriate bank or credit card account and click Next.
  6. Map the statement fields according to your CSV file format and click Next.
  7. Select the checkboxes of the transactions to import and click Next.
  8. Click Yes to confirm you want to import now.
  9. Once the process completed, select Let's go.

To avoid receiving an error when uploading this file, your CSV file must be formatted correctly. You can look into the following article for the steps: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Banking-and-bank-feeds/How-to-import-bank-transactions-using....

Please note that each bank formats its CSV files differently, so importing a CSV file may not be possible for every financial institution.

If your bank doesn't support CSV files but offers Quicken (QFX), QuickBooks Online (QBO), or Microsoft Money (OFX), you can try to import your data and then upload more than 90 days of bank transactions through Web Connect. You may refer to the above detailed steps provided by my colleague.

On the other hand, if you're using QuickBooks Desktop for Mac, you may import transactions through WebConnect and DirectConnect only. I'll leave you with this article for the steps: https://qblittlesquare.com/2012/04/online-banking-updating-your-register-2/.

You've got this. This information should help you with the importing. Let me know how things go and if you have questions about this info or anything else in QuickBooks. Enjoy your day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us