Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
MaryGraceS

Reply to message

Hello there, @accounting246.

Thank you for joining the Community. Allow me to help share some information about adding a memo column into your bank register.

There's a default memo column in the bank register where you can add the descriptions directly to the memo field. However, this option is not available for all transactions. Currently, you can only enter the memo descriptions to a check, journal entry, deposit, and sales tax payment.  

I encourage you to send feedback directly to our product developers. This way, we'll be able to know what product features/options we need to add in the future updates. 

To send your feedback, please go to Help menu, choose Send Feedback Online, then click Product Suggestion.

If you need to reach out for more help, our phone agents will be able to help you get to a resolution quickly. Here's how to get in touch with our QuickBooks Desktop Customer Care team:

1. Go to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select QuickBooks for Windows.
  3. Select your QuickBooks for Windows version.
  4. Select a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions about adding a memo description in the register. Just leave a reply below, and I'll get back to this thread to help you out.  

Need to get in touch?

Contact us