Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
MichelleT

Reply to message

Hi there, @Scott_B,

Welcome to the QuickBooks Community. I’d like to help clarify why the QBO file for credit card transactions are not importing into QuickBooks Pro 2017.

QuickBooks Desktop allows importing transactions into a bank or credit card account. A credit line account type is usually tracked under Other Current Liabilities, which is why you’re getting the header info message.

I know you wish to keep the current account that is already active. However, the program is not able to download data into a liability account.

In order for the data to import, you’ll have to create a new credit card account. Here’s how:

1.    Go to the Lists menu.
2.    Choose Chart of Accounts.
3.    Right-click anywhere and select New.
4.    Tick the Credit Card radio button and click Continue.
5.    Fill out the Account Name.
6.    Description and Credit Card Acct. No. are optional.
7.    Click Save and Close.

Once done, you can import the web connect (.qbo) file you converted. With regard to the transactions you’re trying to catch up from August 14, 2017, they also need to be manually brought into the program via Web Connect.

The QuickBooks Bank Feeds typically downloads up to the last 90 days of transactions. Some information about how bank feeds work can be found in this article: Get started with Bank Feeds for QuickBooks Desktop.

Let me know if you have other concerns with QuickBooks and I’ll be here to help. Wishing you continued success.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us