Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Alessandra_B
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hi @mi58home,

You might want to consider downloading your transactions through Direct or Web Connect. Let me guide you through each.

Before downloading your transactions, you’ll need to remember these reminders:

• Back up the QuickBooks company file prior to any download or import so you can always start over if needed.
  • It is not possible to download transactions into the same QuickBooks Desktop company file more than once. 
  • Currently, only Web Connect files (.QBO) can be imported into QuickBooks Desktop.
  • QFX and QIF files are Quicken financial data files that CANNOT be imported into QuickBooks Desktop. 

There are two options in downloading your transactions, through Direct Connect or Web Connect. Here’s how you can download through Direct Connect:

1. On the menu bar, click on Banking, and choose Bank Feeds.
  2. Select Bank Center.
  3. In the Bank account list, choose the account you want to connect.
  4. In the Send items to your bank section, you can edit or delete items by clicking the drop-down. 
  5. Select Download Transactions if you are ready to send and receive transactions.
  6. Select Synchronize, then choose Sync this account.
  7. In the Access to (FI name) dialog box that appears, type your PIN or password. 
  8. Select OK.

You can also follow these steps to download your transactions through Web Connect:

1. Access your bank's website within QuickBooks.
  2. From the Bank Feeds center, choose the appropriate bank.
  3. Select Download Transactions.
  4. A QuickBooks browser window opens and displays your bank's website. Use your customer ID and PIN or password.

Feel free to read this article for more information: Download Bank Feed Transactions.

Give this a try and let me know how it goes in the comment section. Please know that I'm only a post away if you have any follow-up questions.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us