Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Rose-A

Reply to message

Hello, beyondbookeeping.

Let me lend a hand in connecting your Discover Credit Card and provide you additional information about CSV file format.

Before connecting to Online Banking, you need to know how your bank sends the downloaded transactions. If the transactions download to one account, connect only the parent account. If the transactions download to the individual accounts, connect the subaccounts and not the parent account.

You may want to check your parent and sub-accounts setup, here's how:

1. Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar.
  2. Under Your Company, choose Chart of Accounts.
  3. Select New.
  4. In the Account Type drop-down, select the account type.
  5. In the Detail Type drop-down, select the type of account you want to create.
  6. If more than one choice appears in the Detail Type field, select the type of account you want to create.
  7. In the Name field, enter a name for the account.
  8. Select Save and Close (or Save and New if you want to enter another account right away).

To add a sub-account:

1. Follow the procedure in the previous section to create a parent account.
  2. Select the Is sub-account checkbox.
  3. Then select the Enter parent account drop-down arrow and choose the sub-account's parent account.

Also, regarding CSV file format, here's a recommended article for your reference: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Banking-and-bank-feeds/How-to-import-bank-transactions-using....

You may find these articles helpful:

Keep me posted if there's anything else I can help you with connecting multiple credit cards and CSV file. I'm always here to help you out.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us