Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hello there, @Sunny2.

I'd be glad to assist you with reversing the direct deposit payroll that you've processed in QuickBooks Desktop.

You have the option to void the direct deposit that you've processed. Voiding a paycheck must be done before 5:00 PM (PST) and two banking days before the paycheck date.

To do that:

1. Click on Employees at the top menu bar then Edit/Void Paychecks.
  2. On the Edit/Void Paychecks screen, change both the Show paychecks through/from dates to the date of the check, and press Tab on your keyboard.
  3. Select the check-in question, and select Void.
  4. In the pop-up box, enter 'yes' and select Void.
  5. If you agree, select the checkbox saying you agree to the terms and conditions of voiding the paycheck.
  6. Once the check has been voided, close the Edit/Void Paychecks window.
  7. Select Employees, and choose Send Payroll Data.
  8. Select Send. You won't see see any direct deposit checks to send. That's because this step is done to let QuickBooks Desktop connect with the server to let it know there has been a check modified and will be removed from direct deposit.
  9. Be sure the pay check has been voided by looking in your bank register used to pay employees. 

Once done, you can recreate the paycheck with the correct date and sent it again. 

For more details about voiding a paycheck in QuickBooks Desktop, please refer to this article: Cancel a Direct Deposit paycheck.

However, if you wish to know the status of the direct deposit that you've sent, It'd be best to reach out to our Customer Care Team

That should do it.

Please let me know if you have any other concerns with QuickBooks. I'll be around to help you out. Have a good one.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us