Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Charies_M

Reply to message

Hello there, ekileen.

Thanks for checking in with us. I want to make sure all your payroll concerns are taken care of.

For liability adjustments, I'll be sharing with you this article that will guide you through the whole process of making payroll liability adjustments in QuickBooks Desktop: Adjust payroll liabilities.

For your second question, you can use the Enter Prior Payments option if the liabilities were not entered in QuickBooks. 

Here's how:

1. Go to the Help menu.
  2. Then choose About QuickBooks. And press Ctrl+Alt+Y.
  3. Choose the date range. Then select Next until you see the Create Payments button.
  4. Under Item Name, select the drop-down arrow. And choose the item you need to create a prior payment for.
  5. Verify the dates and update as necessary.
  6. Select Next Payment to enter another prior payment.
  7. Select Done.

To know more about this, here's a helpful article that you can refer to: Enter historical tax payments in Desktop payroll.

Lastly, you can record interest and penalties that were included with the payment by writing a check and entering the accounts (interest and penalties) under Expenses tab.

Here's how:

1. Go to Banking.
  2. Click Write Checks.
  3. From the Expenses column, 
  4. Click Add new to add the penalty account under the Account column. Do the same thing for interest.
  5. Enter other necessary information.
  6. Click Save and Close.

You should be all set. Be sure to keep in touch with me here should you have any additional payroll questions or concerns. I'm here to help.

View solution in original post

Need to get in touch?

Contact us