Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
ClaudiaWest
Level 3

Is anyone else frustrated by the metadata that is appearing the face of the 2018 W-2s?

Is anyone else frustrated by the metadata that is appearing the face of the 2018 W-2 s? Quick Books tells me it is their internal client number.  I really don't care what the number represents, I just don't want to field thousands of calls from my client's employees about what this number represents and what they need to do with it when they prepare their returns.  

Quick Books says that they are looking into it and have received a number of complaints about this.  I have asked for a date when this will be removed from the face of the W-2 s and I can't get a straight answer. I also can't get a direct dial that I can direct the thousands of employees to call when they have questions.  

My clients want to know when the correct W-2 s will be available.  Quick Books - what date would you recommend that I give them? Everyone that I talk to on the support line seems surprised that these are required to be postmarked by 1/31 which is quite concerning. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us