Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reply to message

I just want to add my problem here as well.  I have tried the "Chat" and basically got an automated "we'll get back to you" message.  But I want to be counted, so here's my spiel:

None of the computers in our office (8) can run the payroll reports in Excel. This started around October 1st, 2018.  I believe it began after program updates, but there were Windows, Office, and QB updates all around the same time.  We get the error on Win7 and Win10 machines.  We have no other issues except this QB problem connecting with Excel.

We are not using 64 bit version of Excel. We are using Office 365, and Office 2016, and Office 2013 & none of them connect to QB.  I tried repairing QB (only on my computer, no one else’s) but it wouldn’t work – it aborted.

This is the error message we get when trying to run QB reports that use Excel:

Could not connect to QuickBooks.

An Error occurred while attempting to find QuickBooks.

QuickBooks may not be installed properly on this machine.

Try restarting your machine.  If that does not work, repairing QuickBooks from the Windows Add/Remove Programs Control Panel may resolve this issue.

If you are using Excel 2010 64bit, this feature is not supported and will not work.  Consider using the 32bit version of Excel 2010.

Error 429:  ActiveX component can't create object

Need to get in touch?

Contact us