Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
QwltrActnt
Level 2

Reply to message

That's her first step, and yes, that's the first step I always make sure to have the students do - Edit > Preferences > Full Payroll. 

In Sophia's instructions, after her first step of Edit > Preferences > Full Payroll, she ALSO has you go online and enter ENABLE MANUAL PAYROLL through the Help feature:

"That's right, VeronicaMars. QuickBooks Desktop lets you do payroll manually and I'm here to show you how.

To start, please ensure that your computer is offline or is not connected to the internet. Then, proceed with the following steps to set up your company preferences for payroll:

1. Click Edit at the top, and then select Preferences.
  2. On the left panel, select Payroll & Employees then go to the Company Preferences tab.
  3. In the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Features section, select the Full Payroll radio button.
  4. Select OK.

Once it's set, you're now ready to create the manual payroll.

Here's how:

1. Click Help at the top, and then select QuickBooks Help (or press F1 on your keyboard).
  2. In the Search field, type manual payroll and press Enter on your keyboard.
  3. Select the topic Calculate payroll manually (without a subscription to QuickBooks Payroll).
  4. Under Set your company file to use the manual payroll calculations setting, click the manual payroll calculations link.
  5. Select Set my company file to use manual calculations link. When your company file is set up for manual payroll computation, QuickBooks inserts a zero amount for each payroll item associated with a tax.
  6. Close and reopen QuickBooks Desktop.

If you happen to select the Set my company file to use manual calculations link and want to reinstate payroll tax calculations, you'll have to sign up for QuickBooks Desktop Payroll. Additionally, if your company file is hosted through a network, contact your hosting provider to help you turn on manual payroll. This is to copy your file locally, if needed, before doing manual payroll.

If you have follow-up questions on this, don't hesitate to let me know. I'll be here to help you further."

________________________________________________________________________________

My emphasis (bold and italics) was added in her answer.  And it is this step with the HELP feature search that we cannot access in the workaround!  The HELP feature search just brings you to the COMMUNITY answers.  NO MANUAL CALCULATIONS LINK.

I'm an experienced computer and QuickBooks user and instructor.  This shouldn't be difficult, but somehow, there is a disconnect in your instructions and you are not addressing the question I see in the above posts. 

We are walking through the workaround, and this step is the issue in all the posts I read above, but I'm not seeing where you give a solution.  You only post the workaround instructions again.   That is not helpful.  My computer accesses the Internet through the enable manual payroll link and dumps me in the Community forum.  

Need to get in touch?

Contact us