Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
SophiaAnnL

Reply to message

Thank you for telling me when this issue started, dlb53. I'll give you options to fix the calculation of these taxes.

It's possible that an employee's paycheck on August has an overpayment or underpayment for Social Security and Medicare. When that happens, QuickBooks will try to automatically correct the calculation on the next pay period. However, since you've started manually changing the taxes each payroll, the program wasn't able to auto correct.

I have two options for you to straighten out the tax calculations:

• Do a liability adjustment for Social Security and Medicare, or
  • Stop manually changing them on the employee's paycheck and let QuickBooks do the correction on the succeeding paychecks.

Let's run the Payroll Detail Review report and go back to the paychecks for August.

Here's how:

1. Click Reports at the top.
  2. Select Employees & Payroll, and then click Payroll Detail Review.
  3. Filter Date from August 1 until the end of the year (December 31).
  4. Click the Customize Report button in the upper left-hand corner, and then click the Filters tab.
  5. In the Search Filters box, type Payroll Item.
  6. Click the All payroll items drop-down, and then select Multiple payroll items.
  7. Scroll down and check Social Security and Medicare for employee and company.
  8. Click OK twice.

Once done, kindly review the employee's paychecks for August to find out the discrepancy. When you see it, you can follow the options I provided above to get it resolved.

Please leave a reply if you have additional questions. I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

View solution in original post

Need to get in touch?

Contact us