Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Thanks for your prompt response, @Rattleonco.

Allow me to provide some clarifications with this deleted paychecks concern.

There's no need for you to recreate the paycheck, instead you'll need to enter the information as a YTD adjustment in your QuickBooks. Doing this allows you to record those taxes paid on the deleted paychecks.

To do that:

1. Click on Help at the top menu bar and select on About QuickBooks.
  2. Press on Ctrl + Alt + Y, or Ctrl + Shift + Y on your keyboard to open the Setup YTD Amount Window.
  3. In the Set Up YTD Amounts window, follow the next procedure to complete entry of YTDs and tax payments.
  4. See which documents you'll need to enter YTD history for, and select Next.
  5. When prompted to enter the date you want your YTD entries to affect accounts, enter your estimated first payroll date in both boxes, and select Next.
  6. Enter your estimated first payroll date, and select Next.
  7. This will need to be adjusted to a later date if you have trouble entering current quarter YTDs.
  8. Enter your YTD summaries per employee.
  9. When you have completed all YTD entries, select Next to close the Employee Summary Information window.
  10. Select the Finish button to close the window.

For more details about creating YTD adjustments in QuickBooks Desktop, please refer to this article: Enter historical payroll data.

Also here are some helpful resources about dealing with YTD in QuickBooks Desktop for your future reference:

This should get you pointed to on the right track.

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this payroll concern. I'll be here to keep helping. Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us