Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Reply to message

Hi there, @Micnolen2003.

I'd be glad to help change your QuickBooks password.

If you're trying to change the admin password, you need to confirm some information as a security step.

1. Open QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT). AT the login window, click the I forgot my password link.
  2. Fill in the information on the form that appears.
  3. Click OK. If the info you entered is correct, you’ll receive a code at your registered email address. (This is your “primary email” listed in CAMPS)
  4. Get the code from your email and enter back in QuickBooks Desktop. QuickBooks will then guide you through creating a new admin password.

If the password reset doesn't work:

1. Double-check the information you entered. Check carefully for typos and confirm the info exactly matches what you have in CAMPS.
  2. If you got an error or still need help resetting your password, try the Automated Password Reset Tool.

If you're trying to change a user password:

1. Sign in as the admin user. If you can’t do this, contact the person at your company who has admin access.
  2. Go to Company and select Set Up Users and Passwords. Then select Set Up Users.
  3. If prompted, enter the admin password again.
  4. In the User List, select the user that needs a password change. Then select Edit User.
  5. Enter a new password.
  6. Select Next twice, then select Finish.
  7. If the user now needs to sign in on this computer, go to the File menu and select Close Company/Logoff. The user can now sign in with their user name and the new password you just created.

You can check these articles for additional reference:

Please don't hesitate to add a comment below if you have any other questions about changing and resetting password in QuickBooks. I'll be right here to help you!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us