Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more

Reply to Message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
TBW1
Level 1

Sending PDF invoice from QuickBooks Self Employed

Hello!

I've just started up with Quick Books Self-Employed and am finding the invoicing process a little inflexible. From what I can tell, using the "Send invoice" functionality sends an email the customer which contains a link they have to click. When using this on a phone, the customer is then sent to the QB website where there is yet another link to click in order to open the full invoice. This isn't a great customer experience! Also, the email arrives in the (phone) inbox with a sub-heading of "QB Self-Employed Welcome Email" which isn't ideal - anyone know if I can change this somewhere?

Because of all this, I decided that I'd rather download the PDF myself and email it to the customer - painful for me, but less annoying for customer. But now I've realised that there is some workflow which means I can't mark the invoice as paid if it hasn't been sent from QB!

Being a little cynical, I guess I'm getting what I paid for and no doubt there is better functionality in a more expensive version of QB, but I was hoping someone could confirm my understanding above before I give up and look for an alternative! Many thanks.

Jo

Need to get in touch?

Contact us