Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Teri
Level 9

Reply to message

Wow, those are some really long names, I see why you are asking now.  I am maybe the opposite in that I like to use company acronymns  whenever possible, like one of my longer client names is:

"Channel Marker Technologies, Inc." but they go by CMT.  I understand if you are writing checks or doing legal documents, perhaps you need the longer names on some things, but not so sure on the dba ones, because dba (doing business as) Hemlock Gates & Equipment Co., Inc., means that is the name they want to use, so you should not need to show anything before the "dba" on anything but of course, I am not the person to decide this for you, but you might want to double check on that. I have been through multiple company acquisitions and our company name did change but we only had to use one at a time. Like we were Horizons Tech acquired by Titan Corp then L-3 Commun.  I think there are several considerations with length of fields for example if you actually printing checks, the line for payee is only so long on a check, so abbreviating might be better than cutting off at the end.  I don't think your request is ridiculous but I would not hold your breath to see that change, especially since you cannot find anywhere to submit feedback online.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us