Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
GeorgeIoak
Level 3

Reply to message

Hi @HoneyLynn_G 

I don't have the Enterprise version, I have Premier Manufacturing so I think the Advanced Pricing Feature isn't an option for me.

I've been using assembly items for years so I'm familiar with that.

Creating a 2nd item with the lower case cost doesn't work because when you create an assembly item you must choose a item to add to the assembly. I don't think QB will let me create 2 items but consider them the same item when dealing with inventory matters.

If I don't put a cost in every time I go to order I'll have to look up the cost that was quoted to me. So what would be ideal is to have 1 item that can be purchased in different quantities. We can do that now but what's missing is the ability to choose a different cost for each UoM used.

If I didn't use this item in an "assembly item" then having 2 different items would be the way to go. But since this item that I buying is going to be used in an assembly QB needs to manage my inventory correctly.

I feel like I must be missing something. Most businesses have the option getting volume discounts on items so it doesn't make sense to have to enter a different item just because the bundled total is different.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us