Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
sharicn
Level 1

I need my budget vs. actual report to show only main classes, but show totals for subclasses underneath them.

Hello,

We recently upgraded from QB Desktop 2016 to QB Desktop 2019. All has been going well until I tried to run my memorized Budget vs. Actual report.

I actually talked to QB support about 2 years ago to set up my report exactly the way I wanted it. What I need is a "quick and dirty" report to show our board that shows headers for our main classes but doesn't split out into the subclasses underneath them. HOWEVER, it needs to show the total for all of the classes beneath the main class. I was able to do this with QB 2016.

But when I open the report in QB 2019, or try to create a new one, it only shows the totals for the transactions specifically categorized under the main class, not the subclasses. I called QB support and they told me that this is how it's supposed to work. I guess my question is, why did it work BETTER in QB 2016? Did they eliminate that functionality? Or did it just magically work for me somehow in 2016?

I know that I can export the report into Excel and hide the columns that I don't want, but sometimes you just need to quickly run a report and give it to your board, you know?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us