Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reply to message

Hi there, @KSH,

Thanks for joining the conversation and for giving us the chance to lend you a hand. I can share some information on how to get past the error you're getting when creating a back up copy.

Here are a few scenarios why this QuickBooks error appears while saving a back up file:

• Your file is saved in a protected location or a restricted location.
  • The folder permissions are not set up properly.
  • The folder where the company file is located is damaged.

To get past the problem, let's run the QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve damages with your company file. Here's how:

1. On your computer download the QuickBooks File Doctor.
  2. Once downloaded, double-click qbfd.exe file to install the File Doctor.
  3. If you do not see it automatically opening, look for a green wrench icon in your Windows task bar.
  4. Choose either Both file damage and network connectivity or Network connectivity only.
  5. When prompted, enter the Admin password for your company file then click Next.
  6. After the diagnosis, close File Doctor.

Once completed, try opening your company file again and see if the issue is resolved. If not, I'd recommend following the remaining steps from this article: Message: You do not have sufficient permissions to the specified folder

That's it. Please update me on how it goes, @KSH. I'm only a post away if I can be of further assistance. Have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us