Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Rustler
Level 15

Reply to message

@purchasingdtr wrote:

Hi, I am using QuickBooks Premier 2018 for a small manufacturing business. We recently started purchasing components to build assemblies for our customers. Under build assemblies, I understand it will post as pending if the required components to build the assembly are unavailable. However, once I have received the inventory that is needed, it will show that I have x amount available everywhere except when I go back to the Build Assembly - where it still shows I do not have enough. While QB knows I now have enough to build, the Build Assembly screen does not and does not let me remove the pending. 

I have found though that if I change the date the inventory was received to before the day the Build Assembly was created, it will update and allow me to remove pending to build. Is it a matter of the date created? If so, what is the point of pending if any action after that is invalid. I would like to keep dates accurate and not just enter them before I create the B.A. Any suggestions? Thank you. 

This has been a quirk in QBDT for over a decade

what is happening is that QB is looking at the date of the pending  build and counting items on hand as of that date.

So when you buy more, it does not see it.

Change the date on the pending build to today, and click the build button, it will ask about saving it, say yes.  Bring up the pending build again, and it will work fine

Need to get in touch?

Contact us