Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
SWyatt502
Level 4

How to properly receive a payment and make deposit when your bank is attached to QBO

I have my bank attached to QBO.  Currently - when I receive a payment for an invoice, I open the customer, select the invoice, receive payment and fill in all info.  The payment goes into my UNDEPOSITED FUNDS.  From there, (I thought) I was to go to bank deposit and pull all the payments I made for the day and create my deposit.  However, my recorded payment/s never show up here. Instead, I have to do a Journal entry from UNDEPOSITED FUNDS to my GENERAL FUND. I run a register for the day and export to excel to make up a manual deposit ticket.

I called Intuit and the guy I spoke to said I'm doing it wrong.  He said that I need to just take all my checks to the bank and deposit them - then wait for them to hit my General Fund register in Intuit and match them up to my invoices.  This doesn't seem right to me.  First of all, how do I make up the deposit slip if I haven't received the payments in the system?  2nd - why should I just trust the bank to make the deposit right and I have nothing recorded on my end. 

In any event, I can find no actual procedures anywhere on how to properly received my payment - then make the deposit - when I have the bank account attached.  Can anyone help?  I've been struggling with this for over 4 months. 

Thanks

Solved

Need to get in touch?

Contact us